Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase the item, we'll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Getting ready for baby's arrival and wondering what to pack in the hospital bag. We are sharing this Hospital Bag Checklist to help prepare for labor and after. Use this hospital bag checklist to get all the hospital bag essentials you'll need.
There's so much to do as you prepare for baby's arrival from creating a baby registry to designing a nursery and checking off everything on the nesting checklist. In the third trimester, usually around week 36-37, when you are deciding what to pack in the hospital bag—for you, your partner and for the baby, you are are almost ready to meet the little one!
Follow this hospital bag checklist to tick off everything you need for labor and after.
HOSPITAL BAG CHECKLIST 2022
WHAT TO PACK IN THE HOSPITAL BAG FOR MOM
- Birth Plan
- Birthing gown
- 2-3 Nursing Tanks
- 2-3 Nursing Bras
- 2-3 Yoga Pants/ Postpartum Leggings
- Slip On Shoes
- Slipper Socks
- Shower Flip Flops
- Headband/ Hair ties
- 2-3 Pajamas
- Going Home Outfit
- Big Undies
- Nipple Cream
- Lip Balm
WHAT TO PACK IN THE HOSPITAL BAG FOR DAD
- Change of clothes
- Laptop/ iPad
- Glasses/ Contacts
WHAT TO PACK IN THE HOSPITAL BAG FOR both mom and dad
- Cash, Credit Cards, Coins
- Insurance cards/ Drivers License
- Gum/ Lollipops/ Snacks
- Folder / Notebook
- Daily prescription medication
- Phone Chargers (Extra Long)
WHAT TO PACK IN THE HOSPITAL BAG FOR baby
- Car Seat (Definitely get the base installed and checked)
- Going Home Outfit
- 2-3 Gowns
- Newborn cap, mittens, and booties
- 2-3 Swaddles
- Burp Cloths
- Baby Blanket
- Sleep Sack
- Bottles ( If bottle feeding)
- Pediatrician Contact Information
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN PACKING THE HOSPITAL BAG
- When packing the hospital bag, keep in mind that if you are planning on a vaginal delivery, you'll probably stay in the hospital for one to two days. However, if you are planning on a C-section expect to stay for three to four days.
- This hospital bag checklist is based on an average stay because we want you to be prepared for either situations. Take your personal situation into consideration as you determine how many outfits you'll need.
- Hospitals provide a lot of supplies such as postpartum mesh under wears, perineal wash bottle, burp clothes, diapers, wipes, etc.
- If you plan on breastfeeding, you might want to consider taking your nursing pillow to help with positioning the baby. But you can certainly also use the pillows in the hospital as well.
- We only listed one change of clothes for dad, but again this can change depending on how far your home is from the hospital and if he'll go back and forth.
DOWNLOAD THE HOSPITAL BABG CHECKLIST PDF
SAVE THIS HOSPITAL BAG CHECKLIST 2022 PIN TO PINTEREST
Last Updated on November 15, 2021 by Tira Attygalla