All products featured on Nursery Design Studio are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We are sharing a baby shower planning checklist and timeline.
A baby is on the way and it's time to celebrate! With so many things to take care of and details to arrange, planning a baby shower might seem overwhelming.
We've created this baby shower planning checklist and timeline to take the stress out of planning and hosting a baby shower. Here's the thing friends- if you plan ahead and breakdown the essential tasks, you will enjoy and have fun hosting a baby shower.
This baby shower planning checklist and timeline breaks down the whole planning process week by week. Follow our baby shower timeline to keep things moving along smoothly and to pull off a beautiful and memorable baby shower.
HOW TO PLAN A BABY SHOWER: CHECKLIST AND TIMELINE
BABY SHOWER PLANNING TIMELINE: 5-7 WEEKS BEFORE BABY SHOWER
1. Set the date and time for the baby shower. This date should certainly be cleared with the mom-to-be first.
2. Prepare the baby shower guest list. You'll need mom-to-be to help you with putting together a guest list of friends and family she'll want at the baby shower.
3. You'll also have to decide on a venue for the baby shower. From hosting the shower at the house to an outdoor baby shower, the options are endless.
4. Spend some time choosing a theme for the baby shower. A baby shower is such a special event and coming up with a baby shower theme will make it easier for you to plan for the baby shower décor and so forth.
5. Once you've picked the date of the baby shower, finalized the guest list and decided on a venue to host the baby shower, it's time to send out the invitations.
6. It's important to decide whose catering the event and to come up with a menu for the event. Don't forget the cake! Once RSVP's are in, you can give a final head count.
BABY SHOWER PLANNING TIMELINE: 2-3 WEEKS BEFORE BABY SHOWER
1. Since you've already chosen a theme for the baby shower, deciding on the décor should be a breeze. Things to consider includes signage, centerpieces, dessert table look and the backdrop.
2. Don't forget to get a gift for the baby. It's one less thing you'll need to do just before the baby shower.
3. While you are shopping for décor also pick up party favors to give out.
4. If you are renting out a venue or hiring caterers, now it's a good time to connect again and confirm the menu, payment, etc.
5. Depending on where you are hosting the baby shower, you might need to reserve rental party supplies such as an outdoor tent, seating, etc.
BABY SHOWER PLANNING TIMELINE: 1 WEEK BEFORE BABY SHOWER
1. Every baby shower needs some pretty flowers! So get your order in for some gorgeous centerpieces and decorations.
2.The RSVP's should be in by now and you'll be able to confirm the final guest count.
4. During the shower you'll need help from a few other friends. So ask for help and delegate tasks such as taking photos and helping with gift opening and recording.
BABY SHOWER PLANNING TIMELINE: day before/ day of BABY SHOWER
1. If you are catering the food yourself, then you'll be busy preparing the food.
2. Pick the flower arrangements for the baby shower.
3. Is there any last minute work you need to do with the nursery décor?
4. Time to set up the room for a gorgeous and memorable baby shower.
DOWNLOAD THE BABY SHOWER CHECKLIST + PRINTABLE
Last Updated on February 23, 2021 by Tira Attygalla