Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase the item, we'll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Have you heard of the term "hygge"? Pronounced "hoo-ga," it means comfort, coziness and essentially enjoying life's simple pleasures. It is a Danish concept that has captivated the attention of people world over.
Even though you might not have heard of the term hygge before, you probably aspire to achieving the art of hygge in your daily life anyway. Would you not agree to a layered bed, a couch laden with cozy pillows, a fire that roars in the background while you enjoy a cup of tea.
So today we are going to show you how to create a cozy hygge nursery for your little one. These 21 Hygge nursery ideas exude comfort, coziness and warmth. A hygge nursery is where everyday moments are cherished and appreciated with the your precious baby.
10 TIPS TO CREATE A COZY HYGGE NURSERY
- Create a comfortable nursery space where things seem more laid back than structured.
- Coziness is key in a hygge nursery. Hence create cozy nooks where you can relax and enjoy your time with the baby.
- Layer textures to create warmth and interest.
- Decorate the hygge nursery with soft glowing light that brightens and warms up the nursery.
- Use natural and organic materials such as wood, wool and rattan to bring texture and warmth to the hygge nursery.
- Draw in as much natural light as possible.
- Display cherished photos, family heirlooms and sentimental pieces to make the nursery feel more welcoming and lived in.
- Invoke a warm color palette to keep the space feeling cozy.
- Decorate with plenty of blankets and pillows to add personality and a feeling of cozy comfort to the nursery.
- Incorporate only things that you really need that makes you and baby happy in to the hyyge nursery.
21 HYGGE NURSERY IDEAS
SAVE THIS PIN TO YOUR NURSERY IDEAS BOARD ON PINTEREST SO YOU CAN BRING SOME HYGGE TO YOUR BABY'S ROOM.
Last Updated on February 24, 2020 by Tira Attygalla