Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase the item, we'll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Here are the must ask pediatrician interview questions to help you choose the pediatrician that's right for you and your baby.
Finding a pediatrician for your baby is probably one of the most important decisions you'll be making while getting ready for the baby's arrival. You'll need to ask your friends and family for recommendations and then check with your insurance plan to see if the the doctor is in network.
Once you've made a shortlist of potential pediatrician candidates, it's time to set up interviews with a couple of pediatricians and ask them the pediatrician interview questions below, so you can ascertain if the doctor is a good match for your family's needs.
Once you are able to get a sit down with the doctor, I would recommend you start off your conversation by asking some general questions, so you can get a real feel for the doctor. There's no denying that a doctor's bedside manners and patience is important, specially when taking care of the little ones.
PEDIATRICIAN INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- Why did he/she choose to become a pediatrician?
- What does she/he love the most about being a pediatrician?
- What advice does the doctor have for new parents?
- How long has the doctor been in practice?
- Is the practice open on weekends?
- Can you get same day appointments?
- Who covers for the doctor when she/he is off on vacation?
- What are the after hours protocols if the baby gets sick?
- Are there other pediatricians in the practice?
- What hospital is the doctor affiliated with?
- Does the practice have a lab on site?
- What is the best way to communicate with the doctor?
Take notes during your conversation. Observe how the doctor interacts with the nurses and his/her general demeanor during your conversation. Go home, discuss the responses and decide if the pediatrician is the right one to take care of your precious baby and a good fit for your family's needs.
SAVE THIS PEDIATRICIAN INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD
Last Updated on May 1, 2020 by Tira Attygalla