All products featured on Nursery Design Studio are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As a new parent you are going to have a LOT of diaper changes in your future. And, what's the one thing that will make all these diaper changes easy? It's a no-brainier actually. A well organized changing table will make a world of difference. So today we are talking about smart diaper station organization ideas.
Setting up a good diaper changing station involves picking the right changing table and making sure you have all the essentials you need to change baby's diaper quickly and easily as possible. After all, you don't want anything to stand in the way of a baby who needs to be changed rather quickly!
Read on to find out how you can organize your baby's diaper station, choose a changing table, stock the diapering essentials and learn about our favorite diaper station organization hacks. We'll also give you a Printable Diaper Essentials checklist. With these ideas, we are pretty sure, you'll be well prepared to handle your little ones poop-splotion!
DIAPER CHANGING STATION STORAGE AND ORGANIZATION IDEAS
1. RATTAN CHANGING TABLE
Rattan furnishings are on the rise these days and so are rattan diaper changing stations. This rattan changing table has built in drawers to stock diapering essentials and a bottom shelf to hold other necessities. It's a great option, particularly if you need to fit the diaper station in a small room.
2. DIY ikea hack DIAPER CHANGING STATION
We love our IKEA hacks and this is no exception. Here, they've converted a stand IKEA bookcase into a changing station. It's got lots of space for storing the diapering essentials and enough space on the top shelf for the changing pad, wipe warmer, etc.
3. DRESSER CHANGING TABLE
Using a dresser as a diapering station is perhaps the most popular choice for parents. You'll be able store everything from diapering essentials to baby's clothes in the nursery dresser and have everything easily accessible. Put a changing pad or basket on top of the dresser for diaper changes. Read this post where we show you how to organize the nursery dresser.
4. DIAPER CHANGING TABLE
A diaper changing table is the most affordable option when it comes to picking a diaper changing station for diaper changes. It also has plenty of space for storing diapering essentials.
5. basket RACK FOR DIAPERING ESSENTIALS
Whether you are using a dresser or a changing table, you just might want to add extra space for storage and a tiered rack will provide just that. All the diapering essentials will only be an arm length away and within easy reach.
6. IKEA DIAPER table
If you are a fan of IKEA and love the minimalist furniture, then this IKEA changing table is what you need. It provides a surface for you change the baby and space for storage. Use this IKEA changing table with these storage baskets to store everything from diapers and washcloths to skin care products and towels close at hand by the changing table.
7. DIAPER TIER STORAGE
8. DIAPER STATION wall STORAGE
One of the best tricks for maximizing space in a nursery, is to think vertical and utilize the wall space. Use a pegboard or shelves above the dresser or changing table to store diapering essentials.
9. DIAPER STATION CART
A nursery organizing hack, we love? To use a utility cart for everything from diaper station organization to storage for kids books. Use a cart like this one to organize all of your baby's diaper supplies within easy reach. You'll also appreciate the ability to roll the cart to wherever you need it to be.
10. BUILT IN DIAPER STATION
If you have a built in nook like this one, why not convert it into a diaper changing station? It has plenty of space for organizing all the diapering essentials and even space for the dirty clothes hampers.
11.DIAPER STATION IN THE CLOSET
Convert the nursery closet into a diapering station, specially if the nursery is small and you are trying maximize space in a small nursery. You'll still be able to store and organize baby's clothes in the dresser and on rods. Change the baby on top of the dresser and use shelves for storing diaper supplies. Read this post for more space saving hacks for a small nursery.
DIAPER CHANGING STATION ORGANIZATION HACKS
- Stock up on diapers and wipes. You should stock up enough diapering supplies at least for the first month or so because you don't want to go shopping with a baby in those early days.
2. Get a changing pad with safety clip. Baby's safety obviously comes first. So purchase a changing pad with a safety clip to keep the baby safely secured during diaper changes. We love this changing pad with sides!
3. Diaper Pail. You'll need a diaper pail to keep the smell of dirty diapers from over powering the nursery. Keep the diaper pail within easy reach of the diaper station. This is our favorite diaper pail to keep the nursery smelling wonderful.
4. Diapering Supplies. There's some other essentials you'll need in addition to diaper and wipes. You'll need diaper cream, a bum brush, lotions and hand sanitizer.
5. Storage solutions. Whether it's a cart, a tiered basket or rattan baskets are a must have to keep all the essentials organized and withing easy reach.
6. Baby Clothes. If you are not using the dresser as a changing station, then make sure to store a couple of baby clothes by the diaper station.
7. Laundry Hamper. Keep a dirt clothes hamper near the diapering station for convinience.
8. Grooming Kit. The best place to trim baby's nails or even check the temperature is on the changing table, when the baby is strapped down. Keep a grooming kit with the other diapering essentials.
9. Baby Toys/ Pacifier. Babies don't like to get changed, specially when they are wiped down with wet wipes. If you keep a few baby toys or even a pacifier, it will help distract the baby during diaper changes.
10. Night light. Night time diaper changes will get a lot easier if you have a night light by the diapering station.
PRINTABLE CHANGING STATION CHECKLIST
We've put together a printable checklist of things you need for changing baby's diaper and all the diapering essentials.
SAVE THIS TO YOUR PINTEREST ACCOUNT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Last Updated on March 11, 2020 by Tira Attygalla