It is that time of the year when we refresh our baby registry list. We go through all our past baby registry checklists, reevaluate and tinker the baby registry checklist 2020 to best fit the needs of today's new parents and babies.
We've been there and know that it is an overwhelming process to set up a baby registry. Babies do need a lot of stuff but what do you really need for a baby? Our baby registry list includes baby items that you will actually use and will make your baby comfortable and your life much easier.
WHY DO YOU NEED A BABY REGISTRY?
A baby registry ensures that friends and family who want to celebrate the new baby will be able to gift the parents exactly what they want and products that are useful. Not only does it guide the well wishers in the right direction, but it also gives you a checklist of everything you need to gather before the baby comes along. Plus, most registries give you deep discounts when purchasing the baby items that are left towards the end of the pregnancy known as a completion discount.
WHERE tO REGISTER FOR THE BABY SHOWER?
There's many options when deciding where you want to create a registry. We look for pricing, selection, shipping costs, easy returns and the overall customer service experience when choosing where to register for baby gifts. Though the Babylist registry and Target registry are both good, we love the flexibility of the Amazon Registry.
The options are endless when it comes to the Amazon Baby Registry. You can add anything from a rattle to large furniture items such as a crib, all at extremely competitive prices and with fast shipping. Shipping is free in most cases, particularly if you happen to be an Amazon Prime member. The Amazon customer service is wonderful with returns or exchanges possible within 365 days, and the best part is that the gift giver does not find out that the gift was returned or exchanged. Check out their baby registry benefits here.
WHEN TO REGISTER FOR BABY SHOWER?
It's never too early to start working on the baby registry. Print out this checklist and start thinking about what items are important to you. Generally, moms-to-be start a baby registry around 12 weeks or so. It may seem early, but building a baby registry takes some work and you'll have plenty of time to fine tune the registry before the baby shower.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO ADD TO A BABY REGISTRY?
While there's so many things you could get for the baby, our baby registry checklist for 2020 will help keep you focused with what you really need to care for the baby and make sure the baby is comfortable. It includes baby items you’ll actually use when your little one comes home — and none of the extras you’ll never need.
BABY REGISTRY CHECKLIST 2020: THE NURSERY
- Crib: The Babyletto Hudson with its sleek lines is a must have baby registry item for 2020. We love everything about this crib from style to price and functionality.
- Crib Mattress: Your baby is going to be spending a lot of time sleeping in the crib and we happen to think that their health and safety comes first in 2020. So this Naturepedic Organic Mattress is our top choice.
- Fitted Crib Sheets (2)
- Mattress Pad
- Changing Table/ Dresser
- Changing Pad
- Changing Pad Covers(2)
- Changing Pad Liners
- Nursery Chair- A glider we believe is a nursery must have- and this nursery chair is perfect to feed the baby as well as soothe and cuddle with the little one.
- Storage Bins
BABY REGISTRY CHECKLIST 2020: HEALTH & SAFETY
- Infant Grooming Kit- This grooming kit for the baby includes everything you'll need from cradle cap brush to a thermometer.
- Humidifier- A cool mist humidifier increases air moisture for easier breathing is a must have to relieve cough, cold, and flu symptoms and more. We love this cool mist humidifier.
- White Noise Machine-White noise machines come in handy when you want the baby to fall asleep and not get interrupted by startling noises. We love the MyBaby SoundSpa because not only does it provide white noise but also plays lullabies.
- Thermometer & Aspirator
- Baby Monitor- If you ask us, a baby monitor like this one is a must have baby registry item to keep an eye on the little one no matter where you are in the house.
- Night Light
- Baby Gates
- Outlet Caps
- Furniture/ TV Straps
BABY REGISTRY CHECKLIST 2020: BABY GEAR
- Infant Car Seat & Base- The Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant car seat is the bestselling seat in the USA for a reason. It is easy to install, provides superior support and protection, has a 5 point harness and a 2-position carry-handle with comfortable grip. What else would you need?
- Stroller- We are huge fans of the UPPAbaby Vista Stroller which includes a full size front or rear facing toddler seat with multi-position recline as well as a one step fold.
- Stroller Accessories
- Travel Crib- The best travel cribs are super portable and we love the Guava Lotus Travel Crib which is an ultra-lightweight crib that folds seamlessly into a compact, backpack-style carrying case, leaving your hands free to deal with the other things.
- Travel Fitted Sheets
- Baby Carrier/ Wrap- We can't recommend The Baby K'tan baby wrap enough. It is quick and easy to wear with no rings, belts, buckles or excess fabric and you get benefit of baby wearing without the hassle.
- Bouncy Seat- All moms need a moment to themselves to grab a bite to eat, take a quick shower, etc. So this ergonomic baby bouncer with proper head and back support is just what every new parent needs.
- Shopping Cart Cover
- Baby Swing
BABY REGISTRY CHECKLIST 2020: FEEDING
- Infant Tub- We love this baby bath tub featuring a recline position which cradles the newborn and helps keep the baby's head above water.
- Hooded Towels
- Wash Cloths
- Baby Body Wash
- Baby Shampoo
- Baby Lotion
- Bath Toys
- Bath Kneeler- This non-slip cushioned knee pad is a must have in our opinion. It will give your tired achy knees a rest while baby enjoys bath time!
- Bath Toy Storage
BABY REGISTRY CHECKLIST 2020: BABY CLOTHING
- Coming home outfit
- Newborn Onesies
- 0-3 /3-6 M Onesies
- 0-3/3-6 M Rompers
- 0-3/3-6 M Pants
- 0-3/3-6 M Sleeper Gowns
- Mittens & Hats
BABY REGISTRY CHECKLIST 2020: DIAPERING
- Baby Wipes
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Diaper Pail- An Ubbi diaper pail locks in the smell of dirty diapers so your baby's nursery keeps smelling nice and fresh. And, with this diaper pail you don't need special diaper pail liners and can instead use regular trash bags.
- Diaper Pail Liners
- Diaper Bag: We love this stylish diaper bag that doesn't scream diaper bag. The Skip Hop Forma Diaper bag features comfortable handles, deep pockets, and a changing mat. New moms will love the ability to organize bottles, wipes, snacks, and clothes — with room leftover for personal items.
BABY REGISTRY CHECKLIST 2020: TOYS
- Teething Toys
- Play Mat- This baby play mat is perfect for tummy time and helps baby strengthen his neck and shoulder muscles while developing motor skills.